PREPARATION FOR AWAY MATCHES
Preparation of a detailed estimate covering all aspects of the expenditure envisaged for the match.
- Procurement of entry visa at least two weeks before departure – PROTOCOL.
- Reservation of flight to be done as soon as opponents are known – PROTOCOL cost of flight and expenses to be communicated to Secretary General.
- Appointment of accompanying officials to be made as soon as possible.
- Notification of concerned team and officials in good times.
- Notification of the host country concerning team’s arrival.
- Health – Inoculation- valid yellow cards.
- Accompanying of medical doctor.
- Notification of Nigerians embassy in the country through Ministry of Foreign Affairs and also through direct communication.
- Procurement of flight tickets at lease one week before departure – PROTOCOL.
- Reconfirmation of flight as soon as the team arrives – Accompanying Secretary.
- The Secretariat to communicate departure dates to the travelling team advising it to arrive 24 hours to the time.
- The Accompanying Secretary/Team manager/Coach inspects the items to be taken along.
- The Secretariat to arrange transit Hotel accommodation for the team on its way out and while coming back.
- The secretariat to provide local airport tax for the delegation (Protocol to request for this at least two days before the trip).
- On the day of the trip the delegation MUST arrive at the airport at least three hours before departure time.
- For the trip the secretariat MUST ensure that the delegation travels along with the following: Competition file, Regulations of the competitions, enough drugs, enough money, letter heads and other stationery items etc.
- The protocol personnel should remain at the airport until the departure of the aircraft.
- The accompanying secretary MUST contact the secretariat as soon as the delegation touches grown at the other and giving retailed information on the hotel, telephone telex and fax numbers including the room numbers of the Leader of delegation and the Accompanying Secretary.
- The secretariat/Protocol Section MUST receive the delegation its return.
- The accompanying Secretary MUST turn in a comprehensive report on the trip.
- Every travelling delegation MUST carry the national flag and national anthem.
INTERNATIONAL COMPETITIONS DEPARTMENT
This department is charged with the responsibility of organising and preparing national teams and club sides taking part in the following FIFA, CAF and WAFU organised competitions:
- National Under – 17 team for African U –17 championship and FIFA U –17 championship.
- National Under –20 team for African Youth championship and FIFA world youth championship.
- National U-23 team for All Africa Games football tournament and the Olympic games football tournament.
- Senior national team (Super Eagles) for African Cup of Nations, and FIFA World Cup.
- National female team (Falcons) for African Women’s Championship, FIFA World championship for Women football and Olympic Games football tournament.
- National Uner-19 female team for African U-19 female championship and FIFA U-19 female championship.
- Senior national team (Super Eagles) for Senior WAFU tournament.
- Winner of National League for CAF championships league (with possibility of playing and super cup).
- Winner of National FA Cup competition for CAF Cup winners cup competition (with possibility of playing super cup).
- Runners –up of National League for CAF Cup competition.
- Winner of National League Division II play-offs and Runners-up of National FA Cup competition for WAFU Eyadema Cup competition.
The International competitions department also has the responsibility of co-ordinating the international friendlies for all the national teams. This is in concert with the technical crew, marketing and Technical departments.